In this FUN episode, Paul G Walmsley chats with Tara Jacobsen of Marketing Artfully. Tara has written 26 books on marketing and her website is jam packed full of marketing courses, tips, techniques and strategies. Here’s just a couple of her raving fans:
“Tara has such passion for what she does!”
Tara is a high energy, fun and motivated marketing genius. If you need to learn anything about marketing with social media she is your girl. — Vickie, Etcetera
Tara Jacobson is the best! Helping us all to understand this strange new world of social media. Pinterest is my favorite now! – Glyn, The Ticker Tuners
- Tara Jacobsen’s website is www.marketingartfully.com
- Courtesy goes a long way when networking
- Tara Jacobsen has written 26 marketing books! Here’s one for example:
- Mike Koenigs: “I help X do Y even if Z.”
- Tara’s “old” Twitter account
- Tara’s “new” Twitter account
- Make “Niche” Twitter Accounts (or any social media accounts such as Facebook Pages, Pinterest, Instagram etc.) so that people can be targeted better and they will interact with you more.
- Don’t beat yourself up if an account doesn’t take off. Move on.
- Find a portion of your business that is most of interest to you and then make that your niche instead of trying to be too general.
- Have fun with your social media and make your accounts fun and interesting for people.
- People will connect with you when they see you as a real person.
- Promote you first, your personality, warts and all. Funnily enough, that’s why this podcast is called, “How To Market YOU..and Your Business” in that order….
- Sometimes we give up too quickly and then chase after something new and shiny…
- Find out as much info you can about someone who has been successful already. That will motivate you to believe that you can also do it. You can also copy what they did and learn from that.
- Email 10 of your friends and ask them what they think your skills are. Then use what you learn from this exercise in your marketing. Lead your marketing efforts with YOU and not your business/products/services.
- Getting Things Done: The Art Of Stress Free Productivity, written by David Allen
- Evernote (I write the Show Notes on Evernote. I also just wrote the Second Edition of my book on Evernote too.)
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook written by Gary Vaynerchuk
- If you are selling to women, make sure you focus on Instagram and Pinterest.
- Write 10 Affirmations to yourself each day re your marketing efforts. Then make sure your affirmations and your efforts are congruent.
- Figure out, marketing wise, what you like to do. Do you like to write? Taking selfies? Making videos? Then use that a the basis of your marketing efforts.
- To quote the eternal Taylor Swift, “Haters Gonna Hate.”
- Find your raving fans and then work with them.
- DotCom Secrets written by Russell Brunson
- The Attractive Character by Russell Brunson
- ‘Just because you can..doesn’t mean you should.”
- Paperly People by Tara Jacobsen
- Marketing Mini Courses from Tara Jacobsen
Don’t forget, go ahead an order Paul’s Amazon Best Selling Book, “From Hello To Yes In 3 Minutes Or Less.” Learn how to overcome call reluctance, know exactly what to say and deal with rejection when using the telephone.
For FREE Training from Paul, drop your name and email address in the box below and Paul will send you access to his FREE Training. Paul’s FREE Training will be made available to you in his Private Members’ Area. Paul’s training is delivered as videos, audios and pdf worksheets. Pop you name and email in the boxes and let Paul prove to you that he can help you take your business to the next level.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Paul by using the Contact Form on this page.